The McDuffie Mirror
  

Top Stories
Subscribe Today!
Quick Hits
    · Home
· Subscribe
· Contact Us
· Archive
· Subscribe
    · News
· Business
· Opinion
· Schools
    · Sports
    · Community
· Obituaries
· Weddings
· Engagements
· Births
· Anniversaries
· Submit Event

· Search Legal Ads


 E-mail this story      Printer-friendly version

New Year's Eve fire destroys contents of home

Thomson firefighters rang in the New Year hard at work.

At 9:29 p.m. on Dec. 31, the Thomson Fire Department received the 1,000th call of 2005 and responded to a fire caused by an electrical shortage at the home of Brian Krafczyk on 319 Tom Watson Way.

Lt. Chip Bentley of the TFD was first on the scene. When he arrived, fire was coming out of a bedroom window on the west side of the house. By the time firefighters made it to that room, the fire had worked its way into the attic, complicating efforts to fight the fire.

"The house is not destroyed, but the contents are basically ruined," said Lt. Bentley, who is also the fire inspector. "The house, it looks like it's possibly repairable, but basically everything in the house is either fire, smoke or water damaged."

About 20 firefighters responded to the blaze with three engines and an equipment truck. The scene was cleared around 3 a.m on New Year's Day. Lt. Bentley said no one was injured because the residents were not home at the time of the fire.



Web posted on Thursday, January 5, 2006











Spotted!

Weather
Temperature:53° F
Conditions:overcast
Wind:from the W at 5 MPH
Humidity:100%
Visibility:10 miles
Dew Point:53° F
Updated: 04-Nov-2010 10:01
Calendar
February

S M T W T F S
21 22 23 24 25 26 27


Online Poll
Do you support the school system's graduation policy?
Yes
No
Undecided
View results











© 2011 The McDuffie Mirror. Contact the .
View our .