A Warren County businessman, who is free under $90,000 bond pending a criminal trial on multiple theft charges, recently pleaded not guilty to those charges in Warren County Superior Court.
Michael Henry "Mickey" English, of 1971 Gibson Highway, Warrenton, appeared before Toombs Judicial Circuit Superior Court Chief Judge Roger W. Dunaway, Jr. on Friday, Aug. 15 and entered his plea during arraignment proceedings.
Through his attorney, Mr. English has requested a jury trial. Mr. English's next scheduled court date is set for Sept. 18 at 9:30 a.m. when he faces a pre-trial hearing.
Mr. English is charged with the following offenses: six counts of theft by receiving stolen property; and three counts of operating a chop shop, according to court records.
The case against him was brought by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, along with assistance of Warren County Sheriff's Department and Toombs Judicial Circuit District Attorney's Office.
In unrelated cases, Kevin Montray Wilcher pleaded not guilty to the following charges: two counts of aggravated assault and two counts of possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.
Several other defendants pleading not guilty to various charges included:
- Willie Kim Young, failure to register as a sex offender;
- Jessica Ann Walker, theft by taking;
- Antron Deon Ivey, two counts of obstruction of a law enforcement officer, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness;
- Joshua John James, four counts of theft by taking and deposit account fraud;
- Larry James Mance, theft by taking and theft by receiving stolen property;
- Khiry Donnell Griffin, Violation of the Georgia Controlled Substances Act (VGCSA) for possession of cocaine, possession of marijuana, carrying a concealed weapon and failure to maintain lane;
- Quincy J. Burnett, possession of marijuana;
- Fabian Martell Barksdale, possession of cocaine, possession of marijuana and criminal trespass;
- Harold Lamont Scott, possession of Ecstasy, possession of marijuana and possession of marijuana with intent to distribute;
- Devor Rodriquez Johnson, theft by taking and theft by receiving stolen property;
- Willie Earl Jackson, Jr., aggravated assault and burglary;
- Birico Antwan Williams, possession of cocaine and possession of a controlled substance near a housing project;
- Darryl Johnson, Jr., disorderly conduct and obstruction of a law enforcement officer; and
- Dontrell Maurice Moss, disorderly conduct and obstruction of a law enforcement officer.