The McDuffie Mirror


Top Stories
Subscribe Today!
Quick Hits
    · Home
· Subscribe
· Contact Us
· Archive
· Subscribe
    · News
· Business
· Opinion
· Schools
    · Sports
    · Community
· Obituaries
· Weddings
· Engagements
· Births
· Anniversaries
· Submit Event

· Search Legal Ads


E-mail this story Printer-friendly version

Fire destroys McDuffie County home early Sunday

Fire swept through a split-level home off the Moose Club Road early Sunday, totally destroying it and leaving authorities pondering the cause.

No one was home at the time of the blaze at 1381 Carl Drive - the home of Roy English, his wife and their son, according to McDuffie County Fire Services/Rescue Assistant Chief Stephen Sewell.

A passersby spotted "an orange glow" in the area as he was traveling along Moose Club Road shortly before 3 a.m., Asst. Chief Sewell said. The motorist alerted 911 dispatchers after determining that a house was on fire.

When firefighters arrived on the scene, the partial brick, vinyl siding home, "was fully engulfed with the roof collapsing," Asst. Chief Sewell said.

It is believed the fire broke out in the middle portion of the house, but fire officials still had not determined a cause as of Sunday night, Asst. Chief Sewell said.



Web posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007













© 2011 The McDuffie Mirror. Contact the .
View our .