The Briarwood Boys Middle School Track Team placed first in the GISA Region 1-A Track Meet April 16. Coach John Osborne was very proud of how well the boys did at the track meet.
"Our guys had an exceptional day; it seemed that everyone had their best day whether it be jumping, throwing or running," Coach Osborne said. "The boys gave it their all, and it paid off for a region championship. I could not ask anymore from our athletes; we said all year it takes a team to win and that is just what happened. They came together as a team pulling for each other in each individual event, and they worked well together in the relays. I am very proud of our middle school track team."
Below are the individual events that each athlete competed in:
- Discus - Bryce Sowell, Matthew Mooney, Jesse Presscott, Ben Danner, Dalton Banks, Cordell Fite second and Colt Phelps first place 125'91/2
- High Jump - Justin Atkins, Josh Adams second place and Taylor Coxwell first place
- Long Jump - Bryce Sowell, Josh Adams, Adam Rutkowski fourth and Dylan Wright second place
- Shot Put - Ben Danner, Austin Hardy, Dalton Banks, Jesse Presscott, Cordell Fite fourth and Colt Phelps first 37'4''
- 1600-meter run - Jesse Presscott fourth and Tad McCorkle first 6:06
- 100-meter dash - Spencer Wood, Cordell Fite, Colt Phelps, Adam Rutkowski fourth, and Taylor Coxwell fifth
- 110-meter hurdles - Dalton Banks, Dylan Wright second, and Taylor Coxwell first 17.00
- 400-meter dash - Justin Atkins, Matthew Mooney, Jake Brooks third and Dylan Wright first
- 800-meter run - Jack Russell, and Tad McCorkel second place
- 200-meter dash - Spencer Wood, Justin Atkins, Ben Danner, Bryce Sowell, Josh Adams, Jake Brooks fifth and Adam Rutkowski fourth place
- 4x100-meter relay- Briarwood 1 placed third and Briarwood 2 placed fourth
- 4x400-meter Relay- Briarwood 1 placed second and Briarwood 2 placed third.