A new school year is upon us and as we prepare for the beginning of the 2009-2010 school year, Maxwell Elementary enthusiastically awaits all of our returning students and welcomes our new students. We look forward to continuing our relationships with you and developing relationships with those of you joining our Mighty MAX family.
Our faculty and staff remain committed to the fact that a joint partnership between the home, school, and community leads to a successful educational process for each and every child. We are excited that you are a part of our team! We thank you in advance for joining in and supporting our Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) and other school activities and functions. Exciting times lie ahead with our Renaissance Rallies, Bedtime Stories at the MAX, Math Night, and Science Night. Our commitment remains to be educating each child and improving our academic instruction by empowering the mind, body, and heart. At Maxwell, we Expect Success and will Accept No Less!
We look forward to seeing you at our Open House on Thursday, Aug. 6, between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. At Open House, you will receive important information concerning policies and procedures at the school level and also at the classroom level. We ask that you make every effort to come by to meet your child's new teacher(s). We will also be hosting our Parent Orientation on Tuesday, August 18th with Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten at 6 p.m. and First Grade at 6:30 p.m. Additionally, a few areas of importance are listed below:
- Drop off time begins at 7:30 a.m. beside the P.E. facility (enter from the Warrenton Highway) and ends at 8:10 a.m. After this time, we ask that you bring your child to the front office and sign him/her in.
- "Good Morning Maxwell" begins at 8:10 a.m. We do request that everyone in the building stop and participate during this initial activity of the school day.
- Our instructional day begins promptly at 8:10 a.m. and concludes at 2:50 p.m.
- Dismissal begins at 2:50 p.m. Car riders are dismissed at the side of the school by the P.E. facility and bus riders go to the front of the school. Car riders will be loaded into the passenger side of each vehicle.
- There will be no student checkouts in the office after 2:30 p.m. each day except in the event of an emergency.
- In an effort to ensure the safety of your child, NO transportation changes will be ACCEPTED over the TELEPHONE or FAX MACHINE. All transportation messages should be in writing on the Maxwell Student Transportation Change Form. You will be given copies of this form at Open House. Additional copies of the Transportation Change Form are available in the school office.
- Breakfast will be served from 7:30 a.m. to 8:10 a.m. and is free for all students. Be sure students arrive at school by 8:05 a.m. if they plan to eat breakfast.
- Additional items of importance regarding general policies and procedures will be contained within the Student-Parent Handbook. This will be given out with the general information in pre-kindergarten and will be located in the student agenda books in kindergarten and first grade. Reading this information will assist you in knowing our expectations at MES, as well as, letting you know what you can expect from us!
Again, we look forward to another astounding school year. We are excited to carry on our tradition of excellence as we continue to be a Georgia Title I Distinguished School and once again made Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) as determined by the state! Differentiating instruction for all of our children remains a priority as we are striving for the most innovative strategies to achieve success in educating all students with the Georgia Performance Standards as our guidelines. We pledge to continue meeting and exceeding expectations set forth by the state and also to join together with you for a fun-filled, fantastic, and fabulous school year!
MES School Supply Lists
2 bottles of hand sanitizer
1 bottle of hand soap
2 boxes of Ziploc bags (1 gallon size and 1 small size)
1 towel for rest time (mats are provided)
1 pack of baby wipes
1 box of kleenex
One extra set of clothes to include socks and underwear labeled with child's name.
1 composition notebook (3 subject)
2 packs of crayons (1 for school/1 for home)
1 package of pencils
1 bottle of sanitizer
1 bottle of liquid soap
3 large boxes of facial tissue
1 box of Ziploc bags
1 book bag
1 pencil box
1 pack of pencils
2 boxes of crayons (1 box for school/ 1 box for home)
2 bottles of sanitizer
2 large boxes of tissue
1 box of Ziploc bags (quart or snack size)
3 pocket folders (plain colors)
1 pocket folder with prongs