The McDuffie Mirror

Top Stories
Subscribe Today!
Quick Hits
    · Home
· Subscribe
· Contact Us
· Archive
· Subscribe
    · News
· Business
· Opinion
· Schools
    · Sports
    · Community
· Obituaries
· Weddings
· Engagements
· Births
· Anniversaries
· Submit Event

· Search Legal Ads

E-mail this story Printer-friendly version

Woman arrested in sex case

A former emergency medical technician recently was taken into custody by authorities and accused of having a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old boy.

Teresa Boatright, 39, of the 2000 block of Byrd Road, Thomson, was arrested on an outstanding warrant Sept. 3, charging her with contributing to the delinquency/unruliness of a child, according to a report filed by McDuffie County Sheriff's Department Deputy John Norton.

Ms. Boatright since has been released on bail from the McDuffie County Law Enforcement Center.

Ms. Boatright had been working with Southstar Ambulance Service in Thomson until she was terminated on Monday, according to Brad Pittman, chief of Southstar's Middle Georgia Division. She formerly worked as an EMT for McDuffie County Emergency Medical Services, according to EMS Director Tim Edwards.

"Southstar regrets learning of this incident regarding our former employee," Mr. Pittman told The McDuffie Mirror in a prepared statement.

In his report, Deputy Norton said he and Deputy Sgt. 1st Class Mike Hobbs spoke with the teenager and his mother at the law enforcement center Sept. 3 in reference to a follow-up investigation. During that time, the youth was questioned about cell phones reportedly used in conversations with Ms. Boatright.

The teenager also was asked to complete a statement regarding events that had transpired between him and Ms. Boatright.

The boy, according to records, began seeing Ms. Boatright in March 2008. He told deputies he had seen her almost every weekend and that the two had engaged in sexual activities.

Authorities also were informed by the teenager that Ms. Boatright had told him he would be able to leave his residence after he turned 17, records show. The teenager told deputies that Ms. Boatright had told him law enforcement authorities and other people "did not care what they were doing."

At one point, Ms. Boatright reportedly purchased a Motorola cell phone and left it in the mailbox of the boy's grandfather so that he might continue to converse with her.

The boy's mother notified authorities about her son's involvement with Ms. Boatright.

Authorities also filed a juvenile complaint against the boy.

Web posted on Thursday, September 17, 2009

© 2011 The McDuffie Mirror. Contact the .
View our .