The McDuffie Mirror


Top Stories
Subscribe Today!
Quick Hits
    · Home
· Subscribe
· Contact Us
· Archive
· Subscribe
    · News
· Business
· Opinion
· Schools
    · Sports
    · Community
· Obituaries
· Weddings
· Engagements
· Births
· Anniversaries
· Submit Event

· Search Legal Ads


E-mail this story Printer-friendly version

Hawes Street home damaged by fire

A wood-frame house was seriously damaged after a fire broke out last week, authorities say.

The fire at 190 Hawes St. sent about two dozen firefighters from the City of Thomson and McDuffie County Fire/Rescue Services to the scene at about 10:15 a.m. last Thursday.

It was initially thought that someone might be trapped after the 911 call was placed, but a check of the house by Lt. Chip Bentley of the Thomson Fire Department revealed no one inside.

Donny Moss spotted the house fire while riding to his brother's home in the neighborhood.

"I saw smoke coming out of the roof and the sides of the house and I just thought somebody might be inside," he said.

The house is owned by Bill McCord, who said he inherited the house from his late brother and used it as a game house for himself and some friends.



Web posted on Thursday, September 17, 2009













© 2011 The McDuffie Mirror. Contact the .
View our .