KIDS FISHING RODEO
- WHERE: Mistletoe State Park
- WHEN: Saturday, 9 a.m. to noon
- FOR MORE INFO: This event is open to kids ages 15 and under. Parents can help their children with their fishing poles, however, the children are the ones fishing. Georgia Department of Natural Resources Fisheries will stock a cove located in the park's picnic area with catfish to make easy catching for the kids. Friends of Mistletoe will be on hand to skin and cook the fish your children catch, if your child wants. Mistletoe is located on Clark's Hill Lake north of Thomson. The park has 92 campsites and 10 cottages guests can rent throughout the year. Call 706-541-0321 or visit www.gastateparks.org.
- FOR MORE INFO: Effective immediately, Dr. Carter's office is relocating for construction. For the time being, they will do business out of the Wilson Brothers building, 1258 Washington Road, Thomson (next to the Remnant and Rug Shop).
"THE SPLENDID CONFEDERATE VICTORY AT CHICKAMAUGA"
- WHERE: Jockey Club restaurant on The Square in Washington
- WHEN: Monday, 6 p.m.
n FOR MORE INFO: Mr. Jim Ogden, historian for the National Park Service at the Chickamauga National Battlefield, will present this program to the Washington Civil War Round Table. The cost of the meeting is $10 per person and includes a very nice dinner. Please make reservations, as soon as possible, by e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 404-210-5811 and leaving a message.
FIDDLES & VITTLES
- WHERE: Downtown Warrenton
- WHEN: Saturday, Oct. 3, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 6-7:30 p.m.
- FOR MORE INFO: This is a food and music fest sponsored by Hometown Warrenton Inc. and a kick-off for the fall season. Nancy Creek will be playing live on the courthouse steps from around 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Harmond Koeltz of Harm's Way, Pat Walsh and Chris Baggett are scheduled to play on the steps from1-4 p.m. Bring a lawn chair or blanket and your dancing shoes. The promenade will be left open for dancing. A variety of food vendors will be set up on the square. The Helping Hands Food Pantry will also be accepting food donations on the square. An Antique Tractor Show will be set up in the Warren Street parking lot. A Fiddlin' Music Supper is scheduled for 6 p.m. at the Cultural Center.
CANCER SUPPORT GROUP
- WHERE: First Baptist Church, Thomson
- WHEN: Sept. 30, noon
- FOR MORE INFO: If you or someone you know has been affected by cancer, this group is for you. It meets once a week to discuss issues surrounding cancer recovery. Bring questions, inspirations, cares and concerns.