The McDuffie Mirror


Top Stories
Subscribe Today!
Quick Hits
    · Home
· Subscribe
· Contact Us
· Archive
· Subscribe
    · News
· Business
· Opinion
· Schools
    · Sports
    · Community
· Obituaries
· Weddings
· Engagements
· Births
· Anniversaries
· Submit Event

· Search Legal Ads


E-mail this story Printer-friendly version

Barbecue eatery catches on fire

WARRENTON, Ga. --- A barbecue restaurant caught fire last Friday afternoon, forcing employees and customers to flee for safety, authorities say.

Kendrick's Barbecue, located on the Macon Highway in the city limits of Warrenton, was initially closed after the fire. It re-opened for business on Saturday.

No one was injured.

Joann Randall, owner of the restaurant, which has been in business for the past 22 years, said the fire broke out shortly before 2 p.m.

"A customer noticed the fire and came in to tell us," Ms. Randall told The McDuffie Mirror at the scene.

Immediately, she said, she called 911.

A Warrenton fire truck and firefighter arrived within a short period. Firefighters with the Warren County Fire/Rescue Services later were called to battle the flames that began spreading into the attic of the restaurant.

The fire started underneath a tin-roofed shelter where the barbecue is actually cooked.

Fire officials had not determined an exact cause for the blaze as of Friday night.



Web posted on Thursday, September 24, 2009













© 2011 The McDuffie Mirror. Contact the .
View our .