A Thomson man has been indicted by a McDuffie County grand jury on a multitude of traffic offenses and aggravated assault against his girlfriend.
Grand jurors returned a five-count indictment against Christopher Rodney Bishop, of the 4900 block of Lincolnton Highway, after the case was presented to them by Toombs Judicial Circuit Chief Assistant District Attorney Durwood Davis. They returned true bill of indictments against Mr. Bishop on the following charges: aggravated assault, two counts of serious injury by a vehicle, driving under the influence and reckless driving, court records show.
The indictment says Mr. Bishop chased down his girlfriend, Melissa L. Sturkey, in his Chevrolet truck to hurt her on May 7, 2009.
Ms. Stuckey, of Thomson, suffered a broken leg and a gash to her forehead. She was taken to the Medical College of Georgia Hospital in Augusta, where she was treated and released.
Mr. Bishop still is incarcerated at the McDuffie County Law Enforcement Center in Thomson.
His bail is set at $35,000.
In an unrelated case, a Thomson man was indicted on sex-related charges against a child.
Richard Bernard Lowe was indicted on two counts of child molestation and one count of incest, court records show.
OTHER PERSONS INDICTED INCLUDED:
- Robert Coleman Quarles, simple battery and criminal trespass;
- Tiffany Marie Sallywhite, simple battery;
- Demetrius Antwan Demons and Marquis Montaro Harris, Violation of the Georgia Controlled Substances Act (VGCSA) for possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and possessoion of ecstasy with intent to distribute;
- Jimmy Lavont Mance, VGCSA for possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, sale of cocaine and sexual battery;
- Kim Elizabeth Barnett, VGCSA for possession of methamphetamine and possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance;
- Jasper Luther Burnett and Donovan Grant Nwankwo, VGCSA for possession of cocaine;
- Kenneth J. Carter, II, seven counts of criminal trespass and seven counts of theft by taking;
- Rona R. Carter, criminal trespass and theft by taking;
- Lashonda Green, financia; transaction card fraud;
- Lee Edward Harris, VGCSA for possession of cocaine, possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, carrying a concealed weapon and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony;
- Gilbert Johnson, aggravated assault;
- Timothy Johnson, burglary and theft by receiving stolen property;
- Arthur Lee King, III and Jeremy Michael Sturgis, possession of cocaine;
- Obryant Stevenson Lowe, aggravated assault;
- Teresa Lowe, aggravated assault;
- Clifford Lee Mathis, theft by taking, criminal damage to property in the second degree and obstruction of a law enforcement officer;
- Marquis S. McGahee, theft by receiving stolen property and marijuana possession;
- Shanta McGahee, possession of cocaine;
- Antonio Rodriquez Morgan and William Markey Walker, VGCSA for possession of cocaine, possession of cocaine with intent to distribute and possession of marijuana;
- Leonard Morris, Jr., and Ronny R. Samuels, VGCSA for possession of marijuana with intent to distribute;
- Sherene Nicole Moss, two counts of simple battery;
- Santonio D. Ramsey, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon;
- Brent Leonard Reynolds, theft by conversion;
- Montrell Denota Walker, possession of a motor vehicle with VIN defaced or removed;
- Jimmy Demarcus Wilburn, VGCSA for possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, possession of illegal substances near parks and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony; and
- Ben Williams, simple battery and aggravated stalking.