Boone Knox's accomplishments
- Led the Bank of Thomson to its eventual purchase by Allied Bank, now Regions Bank.
- Corporate directorships have included Equity Residential Properties, Cousins Properties and Fulghum Fibres.
- Widely respected as a businessman, civic volunteer and philanthropist.
- Led the committee that raised the required $20 million local commitment to bring The Salvation Army's Kroc Center project and its $67.8 million endowment to Augusta.
- Had been a board member of Sacred Heart Cultural Center and the University of Georgia Foundation.
- Augusta State University's Hull College of Business was the beneficiary of a $2 million Knox Foundation gift in 2008.
- As a member of Augusta National Golf Club, was involved in the acquisition of dozens of properties in the Berckmans Road area that enabled the expansion of parking and other facilities for the Masters Tournament.