The McDuffie Mirror


Top Stories
Subscribe Today!
Quick Hits
    · Home
· Subscribe
· Contact Us
· Archive
· Subscribe
    · News
· Business
· Opinion
· Schools
    · Sports
    · Community
· Obituaries
· Weddings
· Engagements
· Births
· Anniversaries
· Submit Event

· Search Legal Ads


E-mail this story Printer-friendly version

Fires damage homes but cause no injuries

McDuffie County Fire Service responded to a home fire on Feb. 6, and another on Saturday.

No one was injured in either fire.

At 4:02 p.m. Feb. 6, the department was called to the home of Jeffery Story at 131 River Circle.

Assistant Fire Chief Stephen Sewell said the report shows a kitchen fire was caused by unattended cooking. The homeowner had contained the fire with a garden hose before firefighters arrived. Firefighters used a fan to pull smoke from the house.

Fire damage was limited to the kitchen, but smoke damage was noted elsewhere in the structure.

Assistant Chief Sewell said 25 firefighters were on the scene for about an hour.

At 4:14 a.m. Saturday, firefighters were called to the home of Michael Grant at 200 Honey Hole Road, off Branan Street. A wall near a chimney had caught fire. Firefighters contained the fire, but firefighters had to turn off the power because of damage to a wall and wiring.

The department called the Red Cross to assist the family with temporary shelter.

Fourteen firefighters were on the scene about an hour.



Web posted on Thursday, February 17, 2011













© 2011 The McDuffie Mirror. Contact the .
View our .