The McDuffie Mirror

Top Stories
Subscribe Today!
Quick Hits
    · Home
· Subscribe
· Contact Us
· Archive
· Subscribe
    · News
· Business
· Opinion
· Schools
    · Sports
    · Community
· Obituaries
· Weddings
· Engagements
· Births
· Anniversaries
· Submit Event

· Search Legal Ads

E-mail this story Printer-friendly version

Deadline is Tuesday for farm assistance

An important deadline in a farm assistance program is at hand.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Farm Service Agency administers the Non Insured Assistance Program to provide financial assistance to producers of crops such as grazing or hay when they experience low yields or planting is prevented.

To remain eligible for losses caused by natural disasters and weather, timely filed acreage reports must be on record with agency. Acreage reports must be filed by Tuesday. The agency uses the reports to verify the existence of the crop and to record the number of acres covered by the application.

Call the Farm Service Agency at (706) 595-1339, ext. 2, or visit the Web site at for more information.

Web posted on Thursday, February 24, 2011

© 2011 The McDuffie Mirror. Contact the .
View our .